Emilio Tieri was born in Viareggio .
Graduated with honours in jazz composition at the Music Academy ‘Pietro Mascagni’ in Leghorn.
Studied classical composition, orchestration and music analysis with M° Fabio De Sanctis.
Studied classical piano with M° Mariano Mazzarella and jazz piano with M° Mauro Grossi.
Before finishing high school – Liceo Scientifico – started his career as a singer pianist covering – as years went by – many musical fields from pop music to R&B, to solo piano concerts, to musical events with various types of orchestra.
Attended several seminars with M° Louis Bacalov concerning the treatment of film soundtracks.
Since 2002 has written various soundtracks for the cinema and the tv .
Soundtracks for Cinema and Tv:
– soundtrack for the documentary movie Mario Monicelli l’artigiano, directed by Marco Cucurnia,
starring Mario Monicelli (Rai 1)
– soundtrack for the movie Solometro, by Marco Cucurnia, starring Michele Placido, Anna Valle,
P. Sermonti, A. Fornari (Cinema 2007, Canale 5, Italia 1, Iris)
– soundtrack for the backstage of the Tv fiction Un difetto di famiglia, starring Lino Banfi
and Nino Manfredi (Rai 1)
– soundtrack for the documentary movie Genova amore mio, directed by Marco Cucurnia
starring Paolo Villaggio (Rai 3)
– soundtrack for the short movie Lalibi, directed by Marco Cucurnia (Canale 5)
– soundtrack for the backstage of the fiction Tv Una famiglia in giallo, directed by Alberto Simone,
starring Giulio Scarpati (Rai 1)
– soundtrack for the short movie Olio su tela, directed by Vittorio Gasparri –
– soundtrack for the short movie Riflessioni di una donna con la d minuscola
Published and cd:
– “Movie experience” (8 orchestral works published by Rai.com – 2018)
– “Suspence and action” (18 composition published by Rai.com – 2018)
– Orchestral and eletronic compositions (Edizioni RAI – Radiotelevisione Italiana)
– Atmosfere (orchestral works) – (published by New Fruit)
Live Projects :
– From the Earth up to the Stars – A Tribute to John Williams (orchestration, arrangement
and piano by Emilio Tieri) with Budapest Màv Symphony Orchestra.
– Movie Rhapsody in Black and White – The History of Piano Film music – Piano Solo.
– The cinema great hits – Piano Solo.
– Atmosfere (original film music by Emilio Tieri with symphony orchestra).
– Domenica In and Theleton (on RAI 1).
– Giorgio Panariello’s Theatre Shows.
– He has his own recording studio of pre-production and realization of high quality files.
– He owns New Fruit Music Edition Company.